Sunday, January 20, 2013

Seat is done! Coming soon...

So, I just got word today that the seat is done and will ship out tomorrow. I was sent a couple pictures of it...


Looks great to me. I hope I can get it to fit well without too much modification.

I've been busy cleaning, painting and polishing other items. I've got stuff hanging on strings drying all around my garage. Valve covers polished up nice, but took forever...


My engine gasket set finally showed up. The engine is looking great. I still need to pull the rear cover and check the chains and guides and then I'll button it up.


Repainted my switch housings...



 Carbs are next. I was hoping to have this project done by the beginning of March for my birthday but work has been real slow and money is tight. I won't have funds for powder coating and paint job for a while. We shall see...

Monday, January 7, 2013

Not much happening

Clean up... 

I'm still waiting for my seat to be made. I'm sure the holidays have gotten in the way of production. I really need to get it so I can modify the frame to make it fit right. In the meantime I've been doing some cleanup of parts and such. First, I rebuilt my brake master cylinder...


Then I painted it...


Cleaned and painted the triple tree. Also cleaned up my starter motor...


And the top clamp/fuse box. Polished the fuse cover.


Also polished up the clutch cover. It was very cruddy looking before.


 Currently I'm cleaning the motor case and polishing the valve covers. I have a complete gasket set on order from the UK. My shift lever seal is leaking badly so I ordered that as well (I'm pretty sure it's not included in the set). Also ordered a brake caliper seal kit. So much to do. All my other parts arrived from my last post and they look great. I can't wait to get to the point of assembling it all.